1. Mothers give children something to aspire for. Kat's and Tesa’s moms devoted their entire lives to taking care of their children. To them, it is the kind of devotion they strive to have for their respective families. Jenny, on the other hand, grew up with a headstrong mom who became an entrepreneur when not many women thought of going into business. With this kind of role model, Jenny became opinionated, aggressive, and competitive.
2. Mothers are an endless source of courage and inspiration. Kat’s mom struggles with dementia, but if anything, this has taught Kat to stay positive. “The great thing about dementia is you just forget and start from scratch. Nothing so bad should make you give up that easily because my mom is still fighting. She’s the bravest person I know,” Kat says.
3. It is a gift to be able to care for aging mothers. Like Kat, Jenny has found herself in the position of caregiver when her parents get sick. Jenny confesses, “It's quite a daunting task. Somehow though, I manage with the help of my sister and my own children. I am blessed to have had such opportunities to care for them as they cared and are still continuing to care for me.”
4. There’s always that one person you can count on. “More than material possessions or financial assistance, you know that you can count on that one person to be there for you in ways big and small, from enlightening you about estate laws to giving you tips on how to deal with carpenters. You gain so much from her wisdom, and you in turn become a wiser person, just by virtue of listening to her,” Jenny relates.
5. It’s never too late to have a new best friend. Tesa finds herself calling home more often and looking forward to weekends where she can have longer chats with her mom. Tesa adds, “In this season of my life, I see my mom as my best friend. We talk about anything! We go to exciting sales together, we share ideas on decorating the house, and exchange opinion on the latest news.”
Tesa and Kat’s kids may still be young, but their hope is to have the same relationship with them when they grow up. That means building healthy habits now and staying physically active. Kat, for one, commits to eating more healthy food and engaging in exercise whenever possible. “Staying healthy is also important to us so we can be a good example to our son,” she says.
For Jenny, reducing stress is key. “I have arrived at a more forgiving work schedule, realizing that I don’t have to work until I am tired. I de-stress by watching movies, playing with my grandchild, taking care of my garden, and keeping house. It’s a good life and I am blessed to have it,” Jenny exclaims.
Who doesn't want to live long enough to experience a meaningful life as a mother? When you avail of a BPI-Philam Wellness Series plan, you are not just making an investment on your family’s protection but you are also rewarded for making healthy choices that extend your life expectancy. Start with Life Ready Plus, a unit-linked life insurance plan that gives you protection plus a resolution to living healthier and better. Powered by Philam Vitality, Life Ready Plus ensures that you look after your wealth—and your health, too! Philam Vitality encourages you to live a healthy lifestyle by letting you know, and improve the state of your health, and eventually reward you for these health improvements through additional insurance coverage and discounts from premiere partner establishments.